Focus Africa is a half day event organised by Lancaster University Management School’s Careers, Alumni & Employer Relations team and the African Students at Lancaster University with the aim of raising awareness about employment opportunities in Africa and UK, providing insight into applications process, visa and helpful insights into Emerging markets (Africa).
The aims of the day are to:
- Introduce students to a wide range of Careers including Audit, Business Advisory, Consulting, Engineering, Healthcare, Law, Management Accounting, Marketing, Risk & Insurance and Investment and Retail Banking
- Pass on winning tips about how to succeed in the recruitment process including application forms, CVs and Cover Letters, Psychometric Tests, Interviews and Assessment Centres
- Help the students research opportunities for Summer Internships, Graduate Schemes and Placements
- Facilitate networking with Graduate Recruitment Teams and alumni working in a range of organisations
- Run a CV clinic
- Visa and Immigration information session